Walker, et al. v. Auto-Owners (Mutual) Insurance Company
CIRCUIT COURT FOR PEORIA COUNTY
STATE OF ILLINOIS
Case No. 2023-LA-0000143
A class action Settlement involving certain homeowners’ insurance structural damage claims may provide payments to those who qualify.
• A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action about whether Auto-Owners (Mutual) Insurance Company (“the Insurance Company”) properly deducted nonmaterial depreciation when adjusting certain insurance claims in Arizona, Illinois, Missouri, and Wisconsin.
• You may be eligible for a payment if you qualify and timely submit a valid Claim Form.
• Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Please read the Notice carefully.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS UNDER THE SETTLEMENT
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM||The only way to get a payment if you qualify.|
|ASK TO BE EXCLUDED||You get no payment. This is the only option that allows you to individually sue the Insurance Company over the claims resolved by this Settlement.|
|OBJECT||Write to the Court about why you don’t agree with the Settlement.|
|GO TO A HEARING||Ask to speak in Court about the Settlement.|
|DO NOTHING||You get no payment. You give up rights.|
• These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
• The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. If it does, and if any appeals are resolved in favor of the Settlement, then money will be distributed to those who timely submit a Claim Form and qualify for payment. Please be patient.